villain all in ev = $70*7% + $13.2 = $18.10
------------------------------------------------

river: A

villains all in $33, hero calls $33
pot ($200); pot at this streeth ($66)

hero all in ev = $66*0% + $115.90 = $115.90
villain all in ev = $66*100% - $18.10 = $84.10
------------------------------------------------

villain won a $200 pot on the river having 100% equity, but he got luck PF, on the flop and on the turn, so:

hero lost $100 but the EV value is $115.90, so his $EV is +$15.90
villain won $100 but the EV value is $84.10, so hes EV is -$15.90

actually the all in EV only consider the equity when we go all in... I would like this changes! And it would help to much for whom play limit cash games!

1,213 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ricklhp7 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • rextyrann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since the HM-Teams is the opinion that this would be a misleading calculation how about removing this one and instad concentrate on the suggestion of

SKLANSKY BUCKS graph/calculation?

ive read through the graph linked from rvg72 and it seems even those who disagree with the Street EV calculation are the opinion that SKLANSKY BUCKS is a better choice!

in other words SKLANSKY BUCKS > AI EV > STREET EV

my suggestion:
        move the points here to SKLANSKY BUCKS since there is one open already but with only 10 votes. i guess people just dont see it under all the other suggestions...

• James P. Yalem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead just add your win % for all showdown hands for each street preflop, flop and turn like HEM has for all in hands.

• Douglas.Zare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be highly misleading and biased. Don't implement this. You don't get to see the hands your opponents folds. So, adjusting by the luck you get to see biases the results. Even though people get confused by it, all-in luck is only biased by card-removal effects from other players who folded, and those are usually considered negligible. There are improvements possible to the All-in EV, but it would be a huge step backwards to put in a horribly biased measure like this, even if it would be popular among people who don't understand statistics.

• bogglor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely important. Street by street EV calcs are an essential part of any next gen poker program.

• dmkai3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this stat is otherwise known as Sklansky bucks in poker. Calling it all-in EV by street is technically not correct because it could still be applicable even if nobody goes all in. There is another program that can calculate this but it's inconvenient and having it built-in to HEM would be great.

• NoTurns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I agree, as EV is calculated now it's pretty much useless and can lead you to make some very wrong conclusions. Playing style can actually affect your EV line which should not be possible. As it is now imho the EV stats should be removed altogether untill it is calculated correctly.

I have only one vote left but it's going to this one.

• peppers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is especially irksome in PLO, where you can put in 95% of someone's stack on a freeroll, and because that last 5% goes in after the last card your freeroll isn't counted.

• soldat12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>>> Although you can do this kind of calculation, you won't know what your equity was in the cases when you or your opponent folded unless you can convince him to show all his hands so the utility of the numbers you'd get is questionable.

i guess we might filter out only showdown hands to see EV?
        since i know there might be a lot of +EV situation where we were drawing for the small price or vice verca where we betted all way untill river came with flush and nit hits.. but we also bluff a lot, so if only filter SD hands for EV its will be compensated. how do you think?

• Christine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mandatory.
        The All-In EV is false today.
        And we need to know if we are in a bad run or not.
        PokerEV is only for PT2 databases.
        Please code this one asap !

• Renato Moscardini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this could be a nice fuction, and if it works street by street, I suppose it will give a good luck evaluation in limit holdem. I saw a tool that seem to realize that "PokerEV", but it works only with "Poker Tracker"

• vhnui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although you can do this kind of calculation, you won't know what your equity was in the cases when you or your opponent folded unless you can convince him to show all his hands so the utility of the numbers you'd get is questionable.

• wwierda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this is very important for me too.
        I would love to see this implemented

Feedback and Knowledge Base